PowerVision designs and delivers systems that meet your e-Business needs...exceeding your expectations.
[email protected]® is PowerVision's proprietary and proven product development process. It is a systematic approach, which results in quality products developed and delivered on time and within budget. In an industry where companies typically fail to deliver if they do not have a solid process, [email protected]® is the foundation for our success.
Our process incorporates procedures and tools that have evolved in the industry and through practical application at PowerVision. It guides us and facilitates getting our work done effectively but does not strangle us in the process. We use [email protected]® to develop software, training, and documentation products.
[email protected]® Phases
- Planning Phase – Planning is aimed at aligning expectations with the client about what is to be developed in the project and when it will be developed. This phase culminates with a Project Plan as the deliverable, developed through the use of a project plan template.
- Analysis Phase – Analysis activities are focused on determining the project requirements. This phase culminates with a Requirements Specification (RS), developed through the use of an RS template.
- High-Level Design Phase – This phase concentrates on designing the architecture for the system that is being developed. In cases where a user interface is required, a visual design is constructed and requirements for the system are refined as necessary. Work-products for this phase include a possible functional prototype, a user interface prototype, a test plan outline, and a High-Level Design Specification (DS). Our tools include a Test Plan template and a DS template.
- Detailed Design and Construction Phase – This phase involves detailed design and construction of the system with a staged delivery to the client. The extended Design Specification, typically the system Test Plan and, of the system as they are constructed are delivered during this phase. Tools again include the Test Plan template and the DS template.
- Delivery and Support Phase – This phase focuses on the completion of the project. The system is completed, delivered, and installed (if applicable) for user acceptance components. In many cases, we then enter a warranty and support period with the client.
[email protected]® Activities
General support activities of Quality Assurance, Configuration Management, and Project Management are the foundation upon which the project life-cycle phases are built.
- Quality Assurance (QA) Activities – QA activities involve all team members and focus on ensuring that the products we develop meet our high quality standards. Starting with the plans that were made in the project planning phase, these activities involve the implementation of testing and reviews to detect possible defects in the work-products that are being developed. Defects are then tracked to resolution. Tools include our Review Form and Review Guidelines.
- Configuration Management (CM) Activities – PowerVision uses Microsoft Visual Source Safe (VSS) as our CM tool to control the evolution, use, and safeguarding of our work-products. CM activities are the responsibility of all team members.
- Project Management (PM) Activities – Proactive project management is key to the success of our projects. The project manager focuses on Tracking and Control, Risk Management, Communication, Change Control, and Documentation.
- PowerVision Delivers W&O Supply's MTR Management System
W&O Supply Company, a leading distributor of marine and industrial valves, headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, delployed a document management system based on DigitalVision.
- Updated: FAU Awards EDMS Contract to PowerVision .
The Florida Atlantic University (FAU) of Boca Raton awarded an EDMS contract to PowerVision. The Student Health Services department of FAU will use a system based on DigitalVision 1.2 to electronically manage its immunization records.
- DigitalVision 1.2 for Medical Records Management.
A customized version of DigitalVision 1.2 specifically tailored to manage medical records is now available. DigitalVision 1.2 provides a complete EDMS solution for medical and academic community like Student Health Services to manage health records such as immunization records etc.
- PowerVision releases DigitalVision 1.1.
PowerVision's DigitalVision architecture is the answer to an organization's ever demanding and increasing requirements to convert paper documents and to manage, track, file and retrieve valuable digital assets and electronic content...(User id: demo, password: pvdemo to see our demo DigitalVision site)
- PowerVision opens Chicago office
PowerVision is proud to announce the opening of its Chicago...(more)
- Jumpstart Your Business Success
A Free Online Conference for new and growing businesses...(more).